Saturday, March 20, 2010

Going Green... damnit

I know it's really trendy to be "going green" these days. At first, I was really annoyed with people about the whole green thing. It seemed like people were all of the sudden jumping on the bandwagon just to be hip. It made me determined to resist it in my own life. Don't get me wrong, I was brought up that it's right to recycle, throw your trash away in garbage cans and not on the ground, to conserve water, etc. I just didn't want to get preachy and obnoxiously deliberate about being especially eco-friendly.

And then I did what I said I wouldn't...... and I'm glad I did.

I'm realizing how important it is to take care of the planet. People matter more than anything else in the world, but people can't be healthy unless our planet is healthy. I also love the beauty of the outdoors, and I don't want to see it destroyed anymore than it already has been. It really is important to take care of the environment. These days, I've tried to be more careful about turning off lights when leaving the room, unplugging eletricals when not using them, conserving more water, etc. One thing I'm really excited about is cleaning green. I cleaned the bathroom yesterday with windex, and I started having a hard time breathing with all the strong chemicals. Luckily, there are tons of natural cleansing products you can make at home (and they're cheaper than commercial products as well.) I'll post those recipes in my next post, so stay tuned.

Thanks for listening to me being preachy and obnoxiously deliberate about being especially eco-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment