Monday, November 9, 2009

Making a house into a home

As stated in my last post, I don't want our place to just be a house; I want it to be a home. Lately, I've been observing what exactly makes a house feel more welcoming and homey (other than the people). What I've found is that it's usually the little things. Family pictures on the walls, indoor plants, home made knick knacks, etc. So, in preparation for our own home, I've been making a lot of things we will use in order to make our place feel more homey. I've been making quilts, afghans, pot holders, christmas ornaments (yes, I know it's early), and things like that. There's something so rewarding to stitch a quilt and think about how one day you'll use this same blanket to wrap your children in on a cold winter night, or perhaps after they've had a bad dream. It's nice to be able to provide for my future family, even if it is small and insignificant. Then again, as I said before, it's the small things that make a house a home.

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment