Monday, April 26, 2010

6 weeks away...

Ryan and I can't believe how close we are to the big day. We've been engaged since June, so it's been a long year or so of waiting. I think we're so used to the idea of the wedding being something in the future, that it's almost hard to believe it's something that will actucally be here within a few weeks. The reality of it is starting to hit us a little more each day. Even little things, like buying a vaccuum cleaner, have made it feel more real. I've started to move more of my things over to the apartment, so my room at my parents' house is looking more and more bare. I can't wait till we are able to live under one roof together, and live our lives as husband and wife.
Of course, it is a little bittersweet to be moving out of my parents' house. I was born in the house I live in now, so it's the only home I've ever known. It will be a little odd to move out, but it'll be amazing at the same time. To have one home together, and no more of this switching back and forth between my house, his mom's house, or the apartment. It'll be really nice to know that at the end of the day, we'll be leaving work and coming back to the same home everyday. Ryan said it best when he said, "It's such a simple concept [coming back to the same home], but it's going to be so amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment