Thursday, May 6, 2010

writing our own vows

I actually started writing my vows several months ago. I think maybe a few weeks after we got engaged. I know it was a little soon to start writing them, but the vows have been one of the things I'm looking forward to the most for our wedding. When you're younger and you think about your wedding, lots of times you think about the dress you'll wear, the flowers, the music, etc. I gave those things some thought, but I always thought the most about the vows. I've always known I would write my own vows, because it seems way too personal to have someone else write them for you.
So, I've had my vows written down for a while, but I keep going back to them and wanting to change them. I read through them several times, and then I don't altar them at all. This has been the cycle for a little bit. I want to be able to communicate how much Ryan means to me, but it's difficult to do. Sometimes words just come up short.
So I'll continue to think about how I can improve my vows, knowing that no matter what, I'll never be able to tell him what he has brought into my life, and what I hope to bring into his.

No comments:

Post a Comment