Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Gift of Marriage

Ryan and I have been married for 32 days, and already my perspective on love, marriage, and sex has been noticeably impacted. I grew up knowing that marriage and sex were sacred gifts from God and that they were to be held with integrity, loyalty, and appreciation. I never really truly understood that until I married Ryan. I understand now more than ever that marriage really is a gift from God. When you think about it, God never needed to create the institution of marriage (although I hate calling it "an institution") but when He did, He gave us this gift of committing the rest of our lives to someone else. Being married to Ryan means that we have a sacred bond that no one else holds with us. That we have an unbreakable promise to be with each other forever, for better or worse. No matter what, I know that he is committed to me, and he knows that I am committed to him. It's such a wonderful thing to know that we hold a very intimate, meaningful, and sacred bond with each other that we don't have with anyone else. God shows me everyday through my life and relationship with Ryan that we really are loved by Him without end.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH ♥ I am so touched and happy to read this! God is so wonderful and He knew what He was doing when He brought you and Ryan together...I'm so thankful to Him.

    I probably said this before, but Doug and I like to say how being married is like having a lifelong sleepover with your very best friend ever. ♥

    ReplyDelete