Saturday, July 3, 2010

Super simple, healthy, easy Tomato Basil Soup!

Last Christmas my mom gave me one of the best gifts I've ever received. With it being a few months away from my getting married, my mom made me a recipe book. She put pictures of me when I was younger with my siblings, and sweet sayings and quotes about daughters. She had put together a bunch of her recipes for dishes that she knew I liked. Her recipe for Tomoato Basil Soup was included, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. This is a VERY easy recipe, inexpensive to make, healthy, and really really yummy.

Puree a 28 oz can of tomatos in a blender or food processor.
Add:
- about 3-4 cloves of garlic (or a couple Tablespoons of garlic powder.)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of melted butter or margerine.
- about 6 Basil leaves

Blend all that together again, and serve hot. I like to sprinkle a little parmasean cheese in it as well, but that's optional.

This soup takes maybe 5 minutes to make, and has a very clean and fresh taste to it. I like to serve it with homemade bread or Garlic Thyme Buiscuits. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete